[stylist] question

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Tue Mar 24 15:20:44 UTC 2009

One of my kids is left handed.  She uses left handed scissors, holds a pen
in her left hand and I was never able to teach her how to crochet.  She just
does things differently. She is an accomplished woman with a beautiful
family.  So she does things differently.  Bottom line is that she does what
she has to or wants to.  Is she part off an "ism"?  Should extra funds be
made avaiolable to her because she is not right handed?  If she baked a
cookie would you refuse to eat it because someone left handed made it?  Or
would you feel benevolent because you ate the cookie in spite of
"disabilities"?  There are some societies where if they see a child favoring
their left hand they tie the hand behind the child's back so they will be
forced to use the right hand.  In some countries if a person is caught
stealing they cut off the right hand.  Society has enslaved our mores.  Just
be human, John.  What more can anyone expect from you?  Judith