[stylist] question

helene ryles dreamavdb at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 24 18:37:25 UTC 2009

John,
I feel the same way as you regarding any sort of animal based research
promising people cures. I'm ok non animal based research for things
like cancer, but whatever the reason for reacherch, if rehabilitation
came first (as it should do) we would be 'curing' most differantly
abled people's problems.
By promising a cure we are actually holding people back, and we are
hurting millions of animals in the process.

A sighted woman once said to me "I wish you could see" so I explained
exactly why I chose to accept my blindness. I offended another'friend'
by not being interested in a coclear implant. Right now some people
are having a hard job undersanding why I arn't going for a 3rd guide
dog.

I think we go too far to correct a blind child's sight. Even when it's
a losing battle and the sight is likely to go anyway eventually.
People need to know when to stop trying to stop sometning that isn't
really broke.

Helene