[stylist] Schools run by blind people

Nikki B. texaspawprints at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 19:54:38 UTC 2009

HI Helene and all,

I'll just put my 2 cents in here. As someone who grew up legally blind but
still reading print with the help of magnifiers, glasses and such, I do wish
I had learned braille as a kid. I did learn it at 32 years of age and it was
not hard but I am not a very fast reader and I am much too dependent on my
eyes even though now I have much less vision than I used to. Letting go of
using my vision is a constant struggle. Learning more non-visual techniques
(including braille) as a kid would have helped I think. Of course, my
hindsight is almost 20/20. (grin)

Nikki B.