[stylist] censorship

LoriStay at aol.com LoriStay at aol.com
Sun May 10 23:40:04 UTC 2009

Not true.   One of our ladies rewrote "You're the top."   The first couple
of lines went;
You're the top.   You're Barach Obama,
Malia, Sacha and Michelle, their Mama...

They objected, even though Molly was only trying to say since he was the
president, he was the top person in the Country.

We were rehearsing the song for our stage performance when the head of the
Senior Center ran in and snatched a copy of the song.   She made a phone
call, and ran back in to tell Paula, the teacher, that we couldn't sing it.

My thought is that he is the President, which makes him the top.   It's not
Democratic or Republican but the office.   The town told us that it
indicated we thought he was the best...and that was not acceptable.

Knowing the town's fear of product names and such, I suggested we do our
rehearsal with the door closed.   That will be Wednesday.   Hoping it works
out.   The state show is not the magazine, though.   Ridiculous, but we will
deal with it or toss the workshop down the toilet after twenty years.
Lori