[stylist] St. Petersburg proclaimed as a "City of Writers"

Robert Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sat May 16 17:15:03 UTC 2009

Amy, I was slow to get  reading on some of my backed up mail and just read
your report on the ceremony and what a great day! And you know, you fit
right in. You are all those wonderful people that you so proudly
represented- Writer, woman, Native American, resident of Saint Petersburg
and a writer who happens to be blind and a member of the NFB Writers'
Division.

Hmm, makes me wonder about if we as the Writers' Division should establish
an award and list of the top 12 NFB related writers of the year award. The
written truth of blindness gets spread far and wide. Is very powerful.
Recognition of a person from within our overall NFB membership would be I
think a worthy and memorable award.

President NFB Writers' Division
Robert Leslie Newman
Email- newmanrl at cox.net