[stylist] Swimming weather coming

Robert Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sun May 17 00:03:21 UTC 2009

I am in great anticipation of my start to the 3rd year of having a backyard
swimming pool. I have learned that I very much enjoy the thrill of a
distance swim. In fact, have you guys read my Monitor article of last year,
May I think, and it was called, "Swimming in the Zone- a mile in my
backyard." Any way, today I'm filling it; 7,500 gallons. The water is almost
numbing. Before I can swim, I need to run it through the filters, and clean
it up some. Then put in a bunch of chemicals; all the time allowing the sun
to warm up the water's temp. But I'll take my first swim at a point when the
water will be still quite cold, and it takes me about a lap or two before I
am comfortable, feeling that the coolness was exelerating.

Here is what I think I'll set myself up to have to do- On that first swim, I
will walk up to the side of the pool, dive in, and as I am flying through
the air, my inner voice will shout, "It's a full two miles to shore!" ,
President NFB Writers' Division
Robert Leslie Newman
Email- newmanrl at cox.net
Division Website-