[stylist] Fw: May 27, The ShellBell Report

Shelley J. Alongi qobells at roadrunner.com
Wed May 27 04:46:56 UTC 2009

For your reading pleasure.
Shelley J. Alongi

***Buy Me Some Peanuts and Crackerjacks

Well spring is upon us. Or maybe it has been here for a couple of months and I just now noticed. I think in this case it's the month of march that came and went without me noticing, and that means baseball. Somehow I've always associated spring with baseball I remember as a young child, or even an older one, that my grandmother and mother had this thing about baseball and I thought it was the most boring thing in the world. But now, in these days, the days of the Internet when you can just about get anything in huge amounts, baseball has become my second love, I guess it falls right in there behind the trains.

Why the sudden switch? Well, not really a switch, just another adventure, I suppose. Anyone who is a baseball fan knows about mlb.com and several people I know have signed up to listen to all the audio games online, some may have the tv premium, but the people I know all have the audio. It's always been in the back of my mind to visit the site and so last weekend with a bit of breathing room, recovering from working overtime, and not spending time at the train station, I subscribe to all the audio. So now tell me where am I going to get time to listen to one hundred games a week? I won't listen to that many games, but everynight since coming home from work, that would be Monday and tuesday, I have gone straight to the computer and found an archived game to listne to. I always find them relaxing so I'm looking forward to a summer of baseball. Last summer when I joined the Anaheim Toastmasters club I gave one of my first speeches on baseball. I dont' remember what I said about it but whatever it was, it helped me complete my manual projects. So you may have guessed it, I'm sitting here writing this letter and there's a game on right now. Do I remember what it is? I think it's a Mets game. I was goign to find a Cubs game just to keep caught up with one of my colleagues at work who said he didn't mind now that they had lost eight in a row. But I din't find it or it wasn't available or something so I'll just have to wait to get the score. Hmm, it's probably right here I'll have to look at it.

Yes I'm still interested in trains and now that I have Rob Sanchez's plaque it is hanging on my wall till I find a spot for it. I figure I made it it might as well be somewhere. So now it's right here above the computer.

So that's pretty much what's going on for now, working overtime for the last two weeks and will work overtime every day next week, one day this week. The summer season is upon us. I've also completed, finally after many years, make that five years, my Advanced Communicator bronze for Toastmasters. yes I did it all wrong, I became an officer first and now I'm working on my manual speeches and projects.

So as the time passes here and I get ready for another day, carry on guys, and till we meet in person or online, have a great day and keep dreaming.

Shelley J. Alongi
Home Office: (714)869-3207
**
To read essays on my journey through Metrolink 111 or other interests click on http://www.storymania.com/cgibin/sm2/smshowauthorbox.cgi?page=&author=AlongiSJ&alpha=A