[stylist] New THOUGHT PROVOKER #151- The Braille Princess

Aziza C daydreamingncolor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 20:20:25 UTC 2009

Judith,

No, students should not have to learn a foreign language just because
a classmate speaks it, however, if the student speaking a diferent
language is willing to share his/her knowledge, it would seem to me,
rude and pretty silly for the teacher not to encourage that sort of
interaction. Besides, reading Braille is natural to the blind girl in
this thought provoker, she knows nothing else, and doesn't really care
for print, so why shouldn't her classmates read Braille too? Children
don't really understand that some people simply have to have differend
mediums of obtaining information, that distinction comes later I
think.
Aziza