[stylist] kids and blind, deaf and blind/deaf parents or grandparents

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Tue Nov 17 22:16:38 UTC 2009

The reactions of kids to handicaps is heart warming.  My younger grandchildren think their greatest accomplishment is picking up my white cane and running around with it.  When I catch them I reprimand them and tell them that I need it and it is not a toy.  None of them think their grandmother is wierd because she walks with a white cane.  When they get older they get very protective.  They tell me when a curb is coming up, there is a hole in the street or a car is coming.  They are a delight.