[stylist] Walking Alone, Marching Together Now Online as MP3

Chelsea Cook astrochem119 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 20:58:56 UTC 2009

Hello,

  I did not initiate this, but thought it could be useful on this
list.
Chelsea
"I ask you to look both ways.  For the road to a knowledge of the
stars leads through the atom; and important knowledge of the atom
has been reached through the stars."
Sir Arthur Eddington, British astrophysicist (1882-1944), Stars
and Atoms (1928), Lecture 1

  Some of you may remember ordering Walking Alone and Marching
Together, the history of our first 50 years, on tape in the
1990's.
You may remember that the tape box was quite bulky, at least, if
you
got the NFB version with the original speeches mixed in.
  The text of this major historical publication has been online,
but
until recently, it was only up as text.  That meant you either
needed
to be at your computer or you needed a Braille Note or other
portable
unit that could handle web pages, and if you wanted audio, you
had to
either stick with your tape player or make due with the voices
provided by your screen reader.
  Many of you probably have either a Victor Reader Stream, Book
Sense,
or Plextalk Pocket, and some high capacity SD cards.  If that's
true
for you, REJOYCE! This major historical book is FINALLY now up in
mp3
audio, and you get good narration, along with the original
speeches.
  To check this out, go to
  less-than httpccwwwddnfbddorg/nfbstWAMTDDASP"SnID equals
10546585437rter-than httpccwwwddnfbddorg/nfbstWAMTDDASP"SnID
equals 1054658543
  Thanks, and enjoy.