[stylist] DBG (chapter 4)

helene ryles dreamavdb at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 8 04:04:51 UTC 2009

Hi Lora,
Yes it's the same girl: Nadia Murat: in first chapter she is 12 and a half.
Second chapter she is only four and a half.
In the fourth chapter she is 8.
I put the dates of each of these chapters in brackets right after the
chapter headlines.

I disagree with parents not being able to abuse teenagers since I know
several cases of this happening in real life. I know a woman about
30(at least cronalogically) who is still abused by her mom. She has
taken on a role of assumed helplessness.
Have you read a book called 'The little prisoner?" Her father abuses
her from the age of 4 up until she is an adult. As an adult she still
lives in fear of him, up ontil the time she take him to court.

In Nadia's case she is cronologically 12 but physically  speaking she
is very small and malnurished which makes her an easy target. Remember
in chapter 1 fiona says that she is probably older then she looks so
she thinks she's 'one of us'. I can't say any more then that without
giving the plot away.

Helene