[stylist] STYLIST and group editing

Robert Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Fri Sep 11 12:13:48 UTC 2009

Just wanted to tell you all that I truly do like seeing the group effort
going on relating to members posting segments of books up for viewing and
seeking out suggestions for improvements. I've read most, and think all
parties are learning from the exchange.

Right now, I've got my head stuck into a couple of projects that make it
impossible to look outside my own work. One really interesting and fun
writing project is that I am the speech writer for Louis Braille. I am
writing a keynote address that he will be giving at the Omaha NFB Chapter's
22nd annual White Cane Banquet on November 14th. A local blind actor, David
Decant will portray Louis Braille. The theme of the night is Braille
literacy, the importance of full literacy for the blind and/or sighted. We
will honor 3 employers who this year have hired blind, Braille literate
employees (one guy mostly uses Braille and some speech; another guy uses
print, speech and Braille; Another woman uses mostly print and some
Braille). Braille will act as an expert consultant, giving a brief history
of himself and his invention of his touch system of reading and writing. But
the majority of his talk will be an annals is of this countries story of the
acceptance and use of Braille. And you bet, he will pull no punches. He will
be dot on to what is working and what isn't and will speak to the
consequences of our --- being out of touch with Braille.

President NFB Writers' Division
Robert Leslie Newman
Email- newmanrl at cox.net
Division Website-