[stylist] Newbee

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Wed Apr 14 17:32:16 UTC 2010

Hi Brad,
I understand the confusion now, I think! *grin*  The term for
registering your work is spelled "R-I-G-H-T" as in you have the rights
to your own work. I think Robert and I might both have misinterpreted it
as copy "W-R-I-T-E."

Anyway, here's the link to the online copyright registration page for
the US Copyright Office. It's $10 cheaper than through the mail and
quicker. I registered my novel a few months back and used the online
form. I think it was $35, but don't quote me on that. It's easy enough
to upload the text, and they take all kinds of file types, but some of
the questions will probably make your head spin. There's a lot to read
to make sure you're answering correctly. A lot of it involves situations
where you're not the sole owner of the work though. Anyway, here's the link:
http://www.copyright.gov/eco/index.html

HTH
Donna

Donna's articles on Suite 101:
http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/donna_hill

Free Download: "Love of My Life"
http://www.passionsandpossibilities.com/guest-blogger-donna-hill-advocate-for-the-blind/

Read my articles on American Chronicle:
http://www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885

Follow me on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill

Join Me on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99

Or,  FaceBook:
http://www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.padnfb.org