[stylist] Critiques and Writing Prompts

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 23:51:27 UTC 2010

Hello James and all,

Thank you for the feedback.  I would not want my writing to offend anyone,
and I will precursor my contributions with appropriate cautions of the
content.

To give you a very brief synopsis of my novel in progress, it is about a
growing rivalry between social classes wagered by a street gang and an elite
fraternity.  If anyone of you ever picked up S.E. Hinton's The Outsiders,
that should give you a fair idea of where the plot is headed, only there are
stronger forces using the groups as pawns in what is a larger classic
struggle between good and evil.  In that sense you could think of your
typical Stephen King intrigue.  The street gang is primarily Latino, and in
order to accurately depict the culture of this environment the characters
have nicknames, use Spanish slang and throw about cuss words, because this
is simply a part of their reality.  Without giving away any crucial details,
the violence is an ingredient in this plot because it is what instigates the
youth to pick sides and prepare for the new breed of terror that is about to
take hold of this small town.

A bit inflated, eh?  Well, I have to get you interested somehow.  It is the
first in a series, and while I do not plan to unveil the entire piece, I do
hope to share portions of it to ensure my character development is going as
I hope.

Thanks in advance, and I do hope we can get people interested in the writing
prompt idea.  I can make my language behave for that purpose.

Best,

Joe

database 5051 (20100422) __________

http://www.eset.com