[stylist] Critiques and Writing Prompts

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Fri Apr 23 14:34:01 UTC 2010

Hi Neil and Joe,
I've been catching up on my list mail and must say that in spite of the
fact that I personally don't like or write horror fiction and overtly
violent etc pieces, I do find it sad that it isn't allowed on this list.
I feel that a disclaimer should be sufficient to deal with the problem.
How can we say we are supportive of one another, if we say that some
blind writers must be censored even among other blind writers?  I don't
think it's the business of this list or the NFB to dictate what is
acceptable writing, and there is obviously a significant market for
books with strong language and violence. Maybe we should re name the
list Stylist G or PG 13 to make it clear that we aren't supportive of
all blind writers, just those who write what we think is appropriate
material.

Best of luck with your writing, wherever it ends up. If you publish
something, I'll do a profile of you for Suite 101.
Donna Hill

Donna's articles on Suite 101:
http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/donna_hill

Free Download: "Love of My Life"
http://www.passionsandpossibilities.com/guest-blogger-donna-hill-advocate-for-the-blind/

Read my articles on American Chronicle:
http://www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885

Follow me on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill

Join Me on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99

Or,  FaceBook:
http://www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.padnfb.org