[stylist] Writing Prompt #1: Tapping the Source

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Mon Apr 26 02:14:20 UTC 2010

I love the Little House series but for this assignment I will choose the
Anne series by Lucy Maud Montgomery.
The reason I choose this series is that the language is so vivid.  Her world
is painted so brilliantly that it makes real life seem black-and-white.
Although the author has a whimsical style of writing, real life tragedies do
befall The fanciful Anne Shirley.
Lucy does very well at drawing the reader into Anne's world.  When she is
happy, she is truly joyous and when she is sad, she is truly grief-stricken.
The sadness is not made light of.  Two for instances would be when Anne lost
her newborn baby and when she lost her son in the war.

Okay, I'll stop digging my hole deeper and deeper here and put up my shovel.
Barbara

A Congress that will always do its work in the dark must have something to
hide.  The people have spoken, yet they do not listen.