[stylist] A special letter

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Tue Feb 9 16:31:03 UTC 2010

Hi everyone, I just read David Stayer's letter.  Like Chelsea's, it is inspirational to all of us and especially to those who don't see the merits in teaching blind children Braille.  For those of you who don't know, David was a medical Social Worker for 37 years.  He earned an MSW without the benefit of adaptive equipment or electronics.  He did it with braille.  For 37 years he met the needs of his clients, was sensitive to their individual situations and effectively counseled them.  He took his notes in Braille and referred to them just like any other healthcare professional.  I only have a BSW.  I can only imagine how difficult it was to earn an MSW without reading all the textbooks, pouring over written case studies and coming up with treatment plans for each individual client.  Congrats, David.  You have earned the respect of all of us.  Judith