[stylist] info on sites

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Tue Feb 23 21:56:55 UTC 2010

Judith,
Blogs are OK, I guess, though they require you to actively promote your
stuff to get readers -- not that some of us don't do that anyway. But,
for the work involved, I recommend that people -- especially those who
like writing in the journalist style -- at least consider writing for
one or more of the online magazines which have a little more traffic.
Sites like GoArticles.com don't require you to be exclusive with your
articles, so you can post them elsewhere like ArticleBank,
EzineArticles, ArticlesBase and so on. Usually you don't even have to
give them a sample of your writing to sign up. Other sites like American
Chronicle, Buzzel and Suite 101 require submissions of your writing. Am
Chron is nonexclusive, but the other two insist you not publish any
previously published articles with them and that you wait a year before
re posting. All of these sites are different in terms of the length and
types of articles, how many links you can use, whether they can or can't
be anchored text and whether the article needs html. So, if you're going
to do it, start a cheat sheet for each site so you can keep all of these
differences straight. There's also a nonexclusive site called Helium
where you write to titles they already have or submit a new one. So far,
Suite 101 is the only one I know that offers revenue sharing -- I was up
to thirty-seven cents yesterday. *grin*

I used to think about getting a Word Press blog, and I may do that
someday, but I think some blog hosts like blogspot are very unfriendly
to screen reader users.
Donna Hill.

Free Download: "Love of My Life"
http://www.passionsandpossibilities.com/guest-blogger-donna-hill-advocate-for-the-blind/

Read my articles on American Chronicle:
http://www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885

Follow me on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill

Join Me on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99

Or,  FaceBook:
http://www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.padnfb.org