[stylist] Youth and Adult Writing Contests

The Crowd the_crowd at cox.net
Thu Jan 21 17:04:18 UTC 2010

Thanks for that David!
On Tuesday I went and testified before the senate committee on LB 754. This
would make it mandatory for visual impaired kids to be taught to read in
Nebraska. Only 10 percent of blind people in this country read. It is the
hidden shame of the educational system.

Believe it or not there were three people aposed. They said there isn't
enough teachers to teach braille so it isn't practical.

That is like saying we ran out of math teachers so let's just not teach math
any more!

Good grief.
Listening is not literacy!
Cross your fingers.

I'm on the board for the Omaha chapter of the NFB, and we have been fighting
this fight for years and years.

There is always hope!
Atty