[stylist] I need your help

BDM lists at braddunsemusic.com
Wed Jul 28 11:04:24 UTC 2010

A cartoonist friend of mine just self-ppublished a collection of his
works at www.lulu.com, that might be an option to publish. They take
a percentage I think but they print to order. I ordered 3 of his
books and it was ordered, printed and shipped and arrived in less than a week.

Brad

At 10:23 PM 7/27/2010, you wrote:
>Hi Judith,
>I attended a writers' conference at a local college last week and
>went to a workshop with Joan Timberlane and George Oliver of the
>fairly new literary agency Timberlane Oliver Literary Agency (TOLS),
>who confirmed that even if you get a publisher to take your book,
>they expect the authors to do their own marketing. And, they're
>dealing with the midlevel publishers. Programs at libraries and
>bookstores are expected as well as radio and whatever else you can do.
>
>Personally, I'm conflicted about even trying to get an agent under
>the circumstances. My book will have been edited many dozens of
>times by the time I'm ready to let go of it, and if I have to do the
>leg-work anyway ... I just don't want to get involved with someone
>who ends up saying they like the story and the writing, but the
>14-year-old blind girl heroin isn't going to work with the public.
>
>Donna
>
>Read Donna's articles on
>Suite 101:
>www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/donna_hill
>American Chronicle:
>www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885
>
>Connect with Donna on
>Twitter:
>www.twitter.com/dewhill
>LinkedIn:
>www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99
>FaceBook:
>www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.
>
>Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
>cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill
>Apple I-Tunes
>phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374
>
>Check out the "Sound in Sight" CD project Donna is Head of Media
>Relations for the nonprofit Performing Arts Division of the National
>Federation of the Blind:
>www.padnfb.org
>

>Judith Bron wrote:
>>Thanks, Donna.  I looked up the National Radio listings, but only
>>took down one station.  Rush doesn't do interviews and I already
>>have contact info for Hannity.  The Pennsylvania list looks
>>promising.  I'm already receiving Harrow and Reporter
>>Connection.  I think you're right.  I'll have to google most of the
>>information.  I'm preparing for my book, which hasn't been gobbled
>>up yet.  My understanding, and I have no reason to believe I'm
>>wrong, is that if I don't do the PR work myself, it won't get
>>done.  Radio, in most cases, gives me the opportunity to be
>>interviewed via the phone. It's a long and arduous process, but
>>hopefully one that is worthwhile. Thanks!  Judith
>>----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna Hill" <penatwork at epix.net>
>>Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:01 PM
>>Subject: Re: [stylist] I need your help
>>

>>>Hi Judith,
>>>This sort of list with actual contact people goes for huge bucks
>>>from folks like Vocus.  I believe the newswire services have
>>>options for radio as well -- PR Newswire and PRWeb, for instance.
> [...]

Brad Dunse

Inspiration is sweating over the pen, then smiling at  what was written

E Mail: brad at braddunsemusic.com

Website: http://www.braddunsemusic.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1464323555

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/braddunse