[stylist] Short story for your critique

Elizabeth Sammons antigone at columbus.rr.com
Sun Jun 6 03:18:27 UTC 2010

Writing colleagues,

Today I drafted a story that has never left my heart since these events -
most of them, anyhow - happened to me. Of course I have changed names and
places to protect those involved. This is the first story I have ever
written with such strong elements of autobiography in it. I invite you to
look it over and to respond to me privately at antigone at columbus.rr.com with
your opinions, unless you think they are subjects that are of interest to
most others on the list.

This writing is neither overtly sexual, nor profane. However, it contains
elements not for the faint of heart as it describes the disorientation of an
elderly immigrant from Ukraine trying to find love and his place in the
American world. Happy reading and I look forward to hearing from any of you.
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Sammons