[stylist] Addressing echo location

helene ryles dreamavdb at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 14 22:36:16 UTC 2010

hi bridget,

not all bind people an use echolocation or audiory clues.  as i am
profoundly deaf tehre are no audiory clues for me.

i thing echolocation can be taught but the brain has to be fairly
plastic so  teaching has to be done as young as possible. does anyone
know if an adult blind person can learn echolocation i mean one who
has b been blind later.

also  just out of curiousilt would a sighted child be able to learn
echo location or would there just not be enough space. i mean if they
learnt under blind fold to get about in dark places.   would that be
possible.

helene