[stylist] Writers' Division 2010 Convention update

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sun Jun 20 18:29:43 UTC 2010

RE: Writers' Division 2010 National Convention Update

Dear members:

Two things: Annual meeting agenda coming and news about our 4 scheduled
events

First: I am finishing up the agenda for our annual meeting, held on Monday,
July 5th (more info below). It is possible to add to our agenda and so if
you have an item you feel we need to address, please send it on to me. (I'll
post a copy of the rough draft later this week. We do have 2 guest
speakers-1 an author and one a journalist.)

Second: Below are the times and places for the Writers' division's four
scheduled events.

The first 2 events are the workshops that volunteers from the Division are
conducting for youth. I do need at least 3 more people to help with the
first workshop, the one on Saturday, which is for the youngest group. The
activity is to assist in helping the youthful would-be-author create a book
of either poetry or pros. We are planning to make each book be a twin-vision
book (with both print and Braille). Note, there is also a blind artist who
will be in attendance and willing to assist in the art work for each book.
If you are available and willing, please contact me by the end of this week.
(Email-  <mailto:newmanrl at cox.net> newmanrl at cox.net)

Next, Our fund-raiser on Sunday evening, Story telling Idol is also an event
that will need several of us working together to pull it off. First, I do
hope you all will make time to attend and prepare some type of story to
present. Second, though we will advertise the event via email and through
the agenda, we will have a need to get out and sell some pre-tickets. Jerry
Whittle and I are going to have Brailled out  tickets available for members
to carry with them and pitch to friends and fellow Federationists. These
will be available from Jerry and/or me starting Friday night; call our
rooms.

.Here are the Division's events:

Saturday July 3
TIME: 10:45 - 11:30 am
TITLE: Make-a-Book Workshop
to create beautiful story or poetry books to take home and forever remember
Dallas 2010.
CO-PRESENTER: John Bramblitt
ROOM:  Batik A & B and Cardinal A & B Rooms, Atrium Mezzanine

Sunday July 4
TIME: 4:00 - 5:30 pm
TITLE: Slate Mates Writers Workshop (11-18)
Division.
ROOM:  Dardenelles Room, Atrium mezzanine

Sunday July 4th

6:00 - 8:00 pm-STORY TIME IDOL-NFB WRITERS DIVISION

Dardenelles Room, Atrium mezzanine

Tell and/or listen to tall and scary stories.  Cost is $5.00 at the door and
$1.00 to tell a story.  Idol winners share in the take!  Robert Leslie
Newman, President

Monday July 5th

1:30 - 4:30 pm-WRITERS DIVISION BUSINESS MEETING

Peridot Room, Atrium mezzanine

Update members on division business, announce the 2010 winners of the youth
and adult writing contests, visit with a published author and member of the
NFB, and plan for the future. Robert Leslie Newman, President

Robert Leslie Newman
President NFB Writers' division
Writers' Division Website-
Personal Website-