[stylist] Article I wrote

James H. "Jim" Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Sat May 1 04:50:35 UTC 2010

dear Angela,
yes,
please define DSPS, and I know what Sac State is,  but most people
don't.  where is this going to be printed/distributed?
and, here's the tough criticism:
there were several brief references that left me wanting the particulars.
The instructors who went out of their way to work with me, [such as?]
the students who sought too understand me,[such as?] the DSPS staff
who made my life so much easier.[who?  and btw you were lucky, many
DSPS are paternalistic, overbearing, and don't know what the heck
they're doing!] I've met many who I count my personal friends, and
who will be for the rest of my life.[tell a specific friend story?]
They've seen me driven almost too tears by the unjust, to anger at
the senseless, and to hysterical laughter at the silly and
humorous.[a funny story would be nice] Through the trials and the
smiles they have been with me, and it is to them that I owe a good
measure of my success.
What a variety of things I have learned and rediscovered! I've
learned to better predict the behavior of humans and the patterns of
the weather, both of which are far more complex than solving the
quadratic equation, once you get the hang of it.[one story for
example?] I've rediscovered my love for writing and my fascination
with history. I've learned to analyze work that I disagree with and
state my own views with persuasion rather than rhetoric.

---now, this is a positive piece and Angela I can really feel your
joy in graduating!  also, I say congratulations, and its okay if you
take a verbal victory lap too, 'cuz you did the hard work.
jc