[stylist] NLS Accessibility in Other Countries

Elizabeth Sammons antigone at columbus.rr.com
Tue May 25 01:09:37 UTC 2010

Joe,

I lived in Russia for nearly ten years. I called NLS in Washington DC and
had cassettes shipped to me there, and it was no problem to receive them. I
would think particularly with BARD, once a user is registered through NLS,
and for this, I believe  the person must be a citizen or in the US legally
at the time, then  that person could download from any part of the world. I
would have been so happy in Novosibirsk, Siberia to be able to get books
like that instead of waiting for months for whatever came my way.

Good luck with this.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth who is still looking for a good agent to publicize her novel and
will pay for it...