[stylist] punctuation

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Tue Nov 9 21:18:57 UTC 2010

Another thing is not reading at top speed. I know a lot of Jaws users --
well, screen reader users -- who listen with their screen reader at a
very high rate of speed. This is fine for leisure reading or skimming,
but I have my doubts that most of us can pick up subtle pronunciation
differences that way. I've picked up many errors that Spell Check would
never flag when reading at the default speed. Things like "to many"
instead of "too many" are possible to hear.
Donna

Read Donna's articles on
Suite 101:
www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/donna_hill
Ezine Articles:
http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=D._W._Hill
American Chronicle:
www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885

Connect with Donna on
Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill
LinkedIn:
www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99
FaceBook:
www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill
Apple I-Tunes
phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Check out the "Sound in Sight" CD project
Donna is Head of Media Relations for the nonprofit
Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind:
www.padnfb.org