[stylist] punctuation

Brad Dunse lists at braddunsemusic.com
Thu Nov 11 22:57:38 UTC 2010

Judith,

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly. For instance if you changed
the scheme from Clasic to Proofreading, just reset to Classic in like
manner. This might be more a drastic measure, but you could try
merging your settings from an earlier version if you had that one set
like your current one before you made the unknown change. If you do I
would recommend to copy your current settings/enu/ folder  in case
you want to go back to what you have now for some reason. Did you
make the change in the Insert V area or in the config manager? Also
do you know what Speech and Sound scheme you are using? I could try
to duplicate it here, You might check your attributes just prior to
the paragraph that says "Normal"  and then again when you are on it
to see  what the differences are if any.

Brad

On 11/11/2010  08:59 AM Judith Bron said...
>Hi Brad, All jaws is saying is "normal" and it's driving me
>crazy.  I went back to each entry and clicked on cancel for each
>one.  What do you know about cancelling a setting?  Obviously I'm
>doing it wrong.  Judith
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad Dunse" <lists at braddunsemusic.com>
>Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2010 12:02 AM
>Subject: Re: [stylist] punctuation
>

>>One thing that is helpful is if you copy and paste text from one
>>doc to another that has different fonts and etc. it wil let you
>>know.  Here's a description from the Settings Manager's description
>>
>>Use the options in this group to configure Text Analyzer, which is
>>a tool that can identify errors in a document by using a spoken
>>message or WAV file alert. Items such as unmatched parentheses,
>>unintentional format changes, extra whitespace, and stray or
>>unspaced punctuation are considered errors. These can often be
>>missed when using speech alone. This feature is off by default.
>>Use the radio buttons in this group to determine the type of alert
>>used to indicate errors when editing or proofreading a document by
>>line, sentence, paragraph, or Say All command. Select Indicate with
>>Sound to play a WAV file when a formatting error is detected.
>>Select Speak Count to announce the number of inconsistencies in the
>>current text. Select Describe Inconsistencies for a description of
>>the error. The default setting is off.
>>
>>Brad
>>
>>At 11/10/2010  09:23 PM, Ashley  Bramlett wrote:
>>>Text analysis?  I am installing the new jaws soon, jaws 12. What
>>>does it tell you other than multiple spaces?  Interesting.
>>>

>>>----- Original Message ----- From: "Judith Bron" <jbron at optonline.net>
>>>Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 9:23 PM
>>>Subject: Re: [stylist] punctuation

Brad Dunse

Either make a plan for your life, or settle for being part of
another's. --American Proverb

E Mail: brad at braddunsemusic.com