[stylist] November is "Novel/Book Month

Shelley J. Alongi QueenofBells at roadrunner.com
Fri Nov 12 03:10:49 UTC 2010

Hey Guys, Nanowrimo.com has been around for several years. Every November
they sponsor a challenge it's not really a contest. You write a fifty
thousand word novel and compete against yourself. When you are done you
upload the novel to the site which counts the words and then gives you a
certificate which you can print out saying you did it. One other month, it
was March the last itme I looked, is editing month. The idea behind this is
to write a novel with no editing, just a story from beginning to end, a
fifty thousand word novel, dont' worry about perfecting it just do it and
then after you have the word count then work on the perfecting part. It is a
challenge to see if you can actually write a novel. I did it once. I'll go
look on the other computer and tell you what the titel was. I started to do
it a second month but didn't finish though I still have the idea. I think
the novel was called Forgiving Sky about a pilot rehabilitating after an
accident, or it was a mechanic. I don't know whatever happened to the
certificate. I learned about this in one of my history classes, some people
formed a writing group and so I took the challenge. It was a lot of work but
I did it. The novel is actually up on the storymania site which is at the
end of my email. You have to look for the title called Forgiving Sky

Shelley J. Alongi
Cell/text: (714) 525-9632
Read my Metrolink writings and other essays and stories
http://www.storymania.com/cgibin/sm2/smshowauthorbox.cgi?page=1&author=AlongiSJ&alpha=A

Updated: October 16, 2010