[stylist] Update on blind law student's fight to use Jaws on Barexam

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Tue Nov 30 20:17:15 UTC 2010

Sean, I disagree with you.  If a person can't walk, giving them a whealchair
makes sense.  Helping them find a home where everything is on one floor and
they have easy access to the house or apartment makes perfect sense.  If
someone is deaf then helping them get a car adapted for a deaf person makes
sense.  If a person is blind and can't read a written exam but knows how to
work on adaptive equipment allowing them to take their exam on that
equipment using a headset makes perfect sense.  True, people who aren't
handicapped don't want to think about the possibility, but in the back of
their mind they know these things exist and can happen to anyone because of
accident or illness.  My complaint with this whole court thing is that using
common sense you can solve the problem, the woman can take her bar exam
using adaptive equipment and life goes on without employing a judge and
jury.  Judith