[stylist] books I recommend

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Wed Oct 27 11:11:32 UTC 2010

I am reading "South of Broad" by Pat Conroy. At first, I wanted to tell this
author to quit talking, describing building the feel of it all, but then Pat
(guy or gal) did get into the characters and a sense of the plot and now I
appreciate this person's style- very literary, interesting.

And for a great story teller, good character develop and much social
comment, try George Pelecanos He has some stand-alone books and at least one
series about a guy that is sort of a non-official PI, vigilante.

Or, ooo Andrew Vachss if you want to meet some super characters, colorful
and its all on the very seedy terrible side of life- this author was or is a
defender of abused children and he takes from their lives and you see some
of the stuff that no one should ever have to experience; but the good guys
always win out in the end (lots of payback).