[stylist] a better use for tongues

Allison Nastoff anastoff at wi.rr.com
Wed Sep 1 05:00:46 UTC 2010

Very well said Chris.  I agree with you that there are so many
perks to being blind.  One other perk came to mind as I was
listening to America's Got Talent on television tonight.  When it
comes to talent shows, and music award shows, it always amazes me
how people will win awards or advance to the next round in a
competition who are terrible singers, while really good singers
don't get awards.  I wonder if it is because sighted people go
for people who look good, and don't care as much whether or not
they sound good.  By contrast, when you are blind and cannot see
what people look like, you are a much better judge of who has
real talent.  If only there were more blind people in the world,
maybe so many bad songs wouldn't top the radio charts!
Allison Nastoff