[stylist] Telephone Gathering- handling September's topic

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sun Sep 19 20:34:32 UTC 2010

My, I didn't see that STYLIST was in one of the fields for sending --- but
that's okay --- so hey, anyone else out here have thoughts? And mainly I'm
still thinking that we need to narrow down the topic to one thing or no more
than two things (in case we polish off the first one in quick time.)

What might the second topic be? The choices are- non-fiction, memoir and
essay-

Reading a couple of paragraphs that focus on style and voice and that we
discuss nonfiction pieces that use particular styles and voices.

We could also discuss various forms of memoir writing -- books, essays,
journals, and so on.

And forms of the essay?  Spiral, Linear, and disjointed.