[stylist] Writers' division events at national convention

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sun Apr 17 12:14:45 UTC 2011

Bill and others:
RE: thank you Bill for the request, the reminder!

The Writers' Division 2011 convention schedule lines up like this:

**Monday, July 4th: 4:00-5:00 PM- We put on a writing workshop for youth who
are participating in "YOUTH TRACK." These are teenagers. This will be our
second year of partnering with this segment of convention. Last year there
were about 12 teens that came and had an interesting and educational
experience. This year the 3 Division members who will be handling this event
have come up with an another great workshop, with handouts, and interactive
activities.

**Story-Telling Idol, will also be on July 4th. The time slot is 6:00--8:00
PM. This is a fund raising event. People can tell their best funny or scary
story, real or --- not!! It costs $5.00 to get in and $1.00 to tell a story.
The payout is a split the pot- we keep half the take, and the other half is
split between the 3 best story tellers.

**-The division's annual business meeting will be on July 5th. The time is
1:30 PM up to 4:30 PM. Our agenda is still being worked up and it looks like
this: Everyone identifies themselves. A brief accounting of the Presidents,
Treasurer and Secretary  reports. 2 or 3 guest speakers (newly published
authors). Then general discussion, planning for the future; including
elections.

Robert Leslie Newman
President, Omaha Chapter NFB
President, NFB Writers' Division