[stylist] Frustrated writer trying to do research

Nat Barrett hawaiianstar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 23:47:39 UTC 2011

Hello list,

I think this is the first time that I'm posting to this list. I hope what I'm putting here is appropriate.

I'm hoping for some help. If it's possible that is.

To make a long story short, I'm a writer. I've been studying romance for years, however, I've always said I'm not strictly a romance writer. In any event, I saw once on the news a sort of bio thing about an NFL cheerleader.

This was years ago. Since then I've made several attempts to try to network and make contact with one. I've had no success.

So I'm asking other writers, what are your tips for networking? I read about other published writers making contact with certain people to do research, but in my own attempts I've come up empty.

And hey, if anyone knows how I can reach a cheerleader, even better. At this point I'll be happy to talk to an NFL one, MLB, NHL, or any kind of sports-related professional cheerleader. I'm seriously ready to give up on this story idea and just move on if my recent attempts don't' work.

Thanks,
Natalie B.