[stylist] Amazing poem

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Thu Dec 1 02:16:47 UTC 2011

You are right but it would have been a perfectly good poem without the part
about what he thought was holy.  To me that kind of detracted from the grand
picture of when love ends here we'll go into space as stars or comets.  I
did love that part of the poem.
Although I do understand if one finds the part about what he thinks as holy
very intense, it was like the storm finally breaking.
Barbara

Let every nation know whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay
any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose
any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.--John
F. Kennedy