[stylist] A new list just for book discussions

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sun Dec 4 04:09:40 UTC 2011

Guys, I'm for whatever boosts our writing. Creating a new list is an easy
thing to do. But before you run off and do this --- think about it ---
holding discussions on books is not so "off" topic/purpose from what we are
doing here on STYLIST. I'm asking this --- why not start it here? Each post
would be clearly labeled. Starting it here might bring in members to that
thread, and if that traffic were to become too heavy, then we could split
that off. (Another idea --- the chat list is super slow- use it!?! (Again,
part of me is not liking, losing writing relating posts from where most of
us are, on STYLIST.

[If we host it on STYLIST- we'd need a moderator for that special
post-type.]

I wonder how the general population on STYLIST feels about this topic? Like
trying to host that function here on STYLIST?  Hey --- you all --- you who
are reading this post --- what do you feel about hosting it here on STYLIST?

(One other super related thought --- if several of you who are interested in
this book discussion list, a separate one --- you could hit David Andrews up
for the creation of that new list and see what he says? [some may think that
by me suggesting this as an option is counter to all that I wrote above ---
but it's not --- I'm for trying new things and giving writers options.)

Robert Leslie Newman

President, Omaha Chapter NFB

President, NFB Writers' Division

Division Website