[stylist] Thinking of a book-lovers listserve

justin williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 20:45:40 UTC 2011

true

-----Original Message-----
From: stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Bridgit Pollpeter
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2011 3:42 PM
To: stylist at nfbnet.org
Subject: [stylist] Thinking of a book-lovers listserve

Uh, how does reading have nothing to do with writing? One of the best ways
in which to grow and develop as a writer is to read. By discussing various
books, we can learn how to analyze a piece of literature in order to better
understand the mechanics of creative writing, and how to incorporate this
knowledge into our own writing.

Also, I will point out that we already contend with plenty off-topic posts,
and at least a thread discussing books would be productive.
Beyond the recent popularity of haiku's (smile( I can't remember the last
time anyone posted a writing sample for critique (it's been weeks) and as
always, if people don't want to read a post or participate in a thread, they
can skip it. Better to have activity of some kind than nothing at all.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan