[stylist] Christmas writing exercise

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 6 21:16:32 UTC 2011

Chris,

I meet your challenge, and I will take the initiative and say that by
next Sunday, December 11, anyone participating in this exercise post
material they wrote using Christmas as a theme. Ready, set, go!

I, too, have posted exercises in the past only to have 1 or 2 people do
it, or more often than not, no one at all. It makes sense for a
listserve about writing to host writing exercises, but...

Here's a thought, any prose or poem posted for this exercise will be
considered for the winter issue of Slate & Style, which will publish in
February. Does that raise the stakes at all?

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan