[stylist] On Kafka

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 6 22:49:52 UTC 2011

Brenda,

Kafka weaved his political and religious views into most his writing. He
uses magical realism a lot, which can be anything from a heightened
sense of reality to including a magical thread into a reality-based
story. I've only read Metamorphosis, which is intended as a metaphor,
but it is a bit strange. Also keep in mind that Kafka is German, and
those Germans can be a bit strange, smile! His reading isn't light
reading, and I think reading work like his is supplemented by a
discussion since there will ultimately be different interpretations and
opinions since his work is largely political in nature.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan