[stylist] New Member Introduction

Reach Now reach.nau at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 14:37:54 UTC 2011

Dear All:

Greetings and a very merry Christmas to you and yours.

I am a new member to the Stylist mailing list and love to write. I am a search engine copywriter by profession. Some of you may not know what that is. Search engine copywriters develop search engine friendly content for websites on the Internet in strict accordance with content guidelines frequently posted by the search engines like Google and Yahoo. This type of highly structured web content helps websites to show up on page one of  search engine results. If your website can find a place on page one of Google's search engine results for instance, the number of searchers who will click your link and arrive on your website goes up significantly. Decision-makers and stakeholders who own websites on the Internet with a commercial intent love us because we help them rank high on Google.

 Since I live in India and cater primarily to a US audience, feedback from such a learned group like yours would be most valuable.

I have posted below the first part of a three part report on the Google Panda update slated to go live in January 2012. I would love to receive feedback on this short report. The primary Google keyword I am targeting is... you guessed right... is Google Panda.

The Google Panda report might be a tad technical for some so I have also posted a non-technical report for your gracious feedback immediately after the first submission. You are welcome to comment on both if you wish.

If there are any other search engine copywriters on the list, I would love to hear from them off the list. So, without further adieu, here are the two writing samples:

Thanks in advance,

Vikas
New Delhi
India

The Google Panda Update
Part I

To celebrate the holiday season in our own special way, we bring to you an exclusive three-part series of reports on a Google phenomenon that has left virtually no one in cyber space untouched. We are talking of the Google Panda update. As we will find out in just a moment, no Google algorithm or “update” as it is called, has shaken up the often confusing world of Internet search as the Panda. In our three-part introspective on the Panda, we hope to reflect on three facets of the Panda with a view to eventually providing you with a set of guidelines on how you may correct the damage the Panda may have caused your website. If you happen to be one of those fortunate Internet properties that hasn’t been touched by the Panda update, good for you. We will tell you how to preserve status quo and even suggest proactive measures you can adopt to improve your rankings on Google searches.

Google Updates

Past Present and Future

The science of Google Search is not only complex but also a closely guarded secret much like Coke’s formula. However, Google does publish periodic updates to its search algorithm. The first significant update, called the Florida Update, was announced by Google in 2003. The Florida Update  was followed by the Vince Update in 2009 and the Mayday Update in 2010. Another significant Google update, dubbed the Caffeine Update, was fully implemented the same year after being launched in 2009. The real action, however, was still waiting in the wings all set to explode in 2011.

The Business Challenge of Search for Google

The human race is good at beating the system and Internet marketers, also known as search engine optimizers, are certainly no exception both individually and collectively. They figured that given a few choice ranking factors, the process of driving traffic to their websites through regular Google search, also known as organic search, could be achieved as long as these key ranking factors were taken into active consideration. The quality of the website in terms of content, look-and-feel, the user interface, design and responsiveness were all secondary issues for them because traffic and advertising sales and not the search experience happened to be their first and only priority. These Internet-savvy promoters also discovered that Google was too busy trying to break into social media with Google+ and other projects to penalize them for stealing content from other websites and passing it off as their own. One fine morning, Google woke up to  face reality and launched the Panda. Before they knew it, webmasters were waking up in shock to steep plunges in organic Google rankings, lost traffic and possibilities of Google de-indexing. The Panda had finally arrived with a roar.

>From February 2011, which is when Google announced the Panda Update, up until October 2011, Google found it necessary to tweak the update on several occasions. The latest Panda tweak took place on September 27, 2011 and was labeled Panda 2.5. In case you are wondering why the Panda Update took so long to implement, the inquiry is justifiable. The primary purpose of the Panda Update was to significantly enhance the search experience not from the perspective of webmasters and website owners but from the perspective of millions of searchers who use Google every hour as they attempt to explore the vast labyrinths of the Internet looking for answers to a zillion questions. Before the update, these searchers were  being served up websites which left tons to be desired in the content quality department. Often referred to as scraper sites and content farms, these top ranking websites used dubious content farming strategies such as auto-blogging and stealth RSS to display pirated content which in any case was not just shallow but also poorly written and seldom edited. Genuinely  content-rich websites weren’t able to make it to page one of Google’s search engine results because they didn’t know how to play the SEO game—a search phenomena Google eventually recognized and attempted to correct through the Panda Update.

Next month, we will tell you how the Panda has impacted the world of search and why it took Google almost a year to successfully implement corrective measures to improve search quality and search experience from a user’s point of view.

end of report//

The next article targets the search phrase "Cheerios coupons" and I originally wrote it  for General Mills. The article went viral in 2011 and can be found on all sorts of websites that have to do with coupons, breakfast cereals and saving money on grocery bills. Here it is:

Cheerios Coupon Magic that Saves you Money

With an economy that simply refuses to rejuvenate and employment rates that just will not quit double digits, you have no choice but to cut corners in just about every sphere of expense. When you have to cut on food, it really hurts because food was never a luxury to start with. Restaurant dining may be considered a luxury but not grocery shopping for your family. That is where a little time invested in coupon hunting, especially for such a favorite breakfast cereal as Cheerios can pay off because a Cheerios coupon can really end up saving you more than a penny. Here is how.

Using a Cheerios Coupon to Save Money

As a preamble, let me mention that breakfast cereals were never meant to be purchased at full price. Kellogg knows that, General Mills knows that and just about every grocery market chain knows that for sure. That is precisely why for decades, breakfast cereal coupons, especially Cheerios coupons and the Sunday coupon supplement in your local newspaper were literally synonymous. This is true to this day and with the arrival of the almighty Internet, Cheerios coupons have gone online. In essence therefore, there are only two ways to save: You can either clip or you can copy and print. We are here to tell you how to do both smartly so that each time you locate a Cheerios coupon, you are able to turn printed paper into paper currency.

Clipping a Cheerios Coupon

Although the Sunday newspaper is perhaps the most popular way to collect Cheerios coupons, there are a few ways in which you can optimize your return on your investment of time or ROI as the management gurus would like to call it. First, clip a Cheerios coupon from your Sunday Coupon Supplement and store it carefully in your coupon wallet. If your neighbors subscribe to the Sunday paper as well and don’t use their Cheerios coupons, do them the favor of reducing their trash. Don’t go running to Kroger’s or A&P to redeem your Cheerios coupons. Wait for Cheerios to go on sale. You might want to subscribe to the Wednesday paper to make sure that your Cheerios coupons save you even more. A few national chains such as Piggly Wiggly and Food World will even double your coupons on designated days which means you can save on three fronts simultaneously—the cents off Cheerios coupons, the Wednesday mark down and the doubling of your coupon. Try this just once and you will become a genuine coupon addict for life which is actually a rare addiction that happens to be on the positive side of the ledger.

Saving on Cheerios Coupons Online

Now we are talking. There are literally hundreds of coupon websites that feature Cheerios coupons at one time or another. There is even a website which General Mills endorses called EatBetterAmerica that will save you upward of $20 on printable Cheerios Coupons. And wait because there are other really nice coupon websites too where printable Cheerios coupons are available for the asking. They include Coupon, woot, slickdeals which is a net domain, 8coupons which is a coupon aggregating website, RetailMeNot, CouponCabin, FatWallet and DealCatcher. Just add the Com extension and you will be all set to save truckloads of cheese on your weekly grocery bill.

 end of article//