[stylist] Monday Word: hawkshaw

Brad Dunsé lists at braddunsemusic.com
Tue Dec 27 00:32:19 UTC 2011

Donna/Jackie,

Thanks. That word just spoke 1950s sleuth. Some
nasal voiced, underground, pin stripe suit out
casing the streets. And that just means ya gotta
talk like this see. And there's gotta be a couple
dames in deh pitcher see. Maybe a flashin' red
light t'rue deh winda of the hotel you're bunkin'
in see. You know, to case deh joint next to ya.

Brad

On 12/26/2011  05:20 PM Donna Hill said...
>Brad,
>Love the example! You need to start writing comedic crime novels. I can't
>quite get Jaws to say it, but something like crime uhdees.
>Donna

, and this
>dame came out deh front door see
, so I looks
>around and I sees d'is utthah hawkshaw lookin'
>t'rue his windshield straight at us wi't his
>binoculars see
; that's when I gave him a wink,