[stylist] Wednesday Word: williwaw

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Thu Dec 29 16:45:07 UTC 2011

Brad,
No, I won't use the noun and verb in the same piece. In fact, I generally
don't like to include obscure words, because of not wanting to alienate
readers who don't know or care to look up the meaning. That's one nice thing
about using Williwaw as a proper name; people who don't know the word don't
need to, while those who do may have insight into some characteristic  -- or
they may fall for a deliberate obfuscation.
Donna