[stylist] The Elements of Clunk

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Tue Feb 15 02:35:38 UTC 2011

That was a very fascinating article.  I am generally an excessive comma user
also, as most of probably tend to be.  I love to write poetry and some
British spellings of words do grab my fancy I like to use c o l o u r now
and then, but not always.  I do use g r e y sometimes because that sounds
like a prettier color than g r a y.  There again, I don't use it all the
time.
I need to pull out my old "Elements of Style" book and look at it.
Barbara

Through the sunny fields of yesterday
Echo voices of children now grown,
Their golden peals of laughter