[stylist] Writers' division Monthly Telephone Gathering- January 2011

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Wed Jan 5 17:36:12 UTC 2011

Here is an update:

For January, I am again seeking out a speaker who can talk to us about
technical writing. I just received back an e-mail from the editor for the
"Society for Technical Communication." Liz tells me that she has someone in
mind and that I should be hearing from, Char james-tanny (An STC member, a
talented technical writer and industry guru, and a dynamic speaker).

Then for February, I am seeking out a tech person to come and talk to us
about using JAWS and Word and getting the best out of these tools as a blind
writer. I believe this would also be of interest to those who use screen
enlargement as well- the Word discussion would be more open to general use
and not so much just for JAWS users. And yes, as these discussions can go,
each of us can share the points that we know.

--If you have ideas for our monthly gatherings, do send them to me. I am
always open to suggestions.

Robert Leslie Newman

President- NFB Writers' Division

Division Website