[stylist] bridgit hoodlum story question

James H. "Jim" Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Mon Jan 10 05:12:58 UTC 2011

Bridgit,
I did have a question for you.  here's what I think of as the climax
of this story.  how did I do on cadence, pacing, word structure, in
this paragraph?

"Stop!  You damned hoodlum!"  Joab St. Brendan said reprimanding
Sean.  But as he heard himself shout this, he heard it shouted in his
own face twenty-six years before with a stab in his heart.  Back then
some Knob Hill dandy shouted "Stop!  You damned hoodlum!" looking
down his nose at a smudge faced street tough named Joey
Brandon.  Joey Brandon now in his Hoskins Plaza suite remembered and
took a deep breath.

thanks
jc