[stylist] White space and other tactics

Anita Adkins aadkins7 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 11 15:12:23 UTC 2011

Hello,

I love those Lucas Davenport books. In the book I am writing, I am just
using white space, only because that is how we were required to do it in my
fiction writing class and because this happens to be a short story that I
feel needs a little separation. In the novel I am working on, I just use
chapter breaks. I don't know if anyone has read any James Patterson, but I
notice his books have many short chapters. Maybe, he uses that technique
instead of white space. I'm not sure since I read his books with audio. But,
if so, that would also be another way someone unable to see the whitespace
could be alerted to it. Have a great day. Anita