[stylist] The Tragic Shooting of Gabrielle Giffords

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Thu Jan 13 23:09:54 UTC 2011

Dear Judith (and others):

I apologize for my overly-critical review of your opinion piece. I should
have taken more time to compose my thoughts. My purpose wasn't to defend
Democrats or condemn Republicans, nor to discuss the Holocaust or civil
disobedience in the 60s. I wanted to point out what I think are the
weaknesses in your piece. Interestingly, in your response to me you make
some excellent, factual statements about the killer's mental state, which I
think would work much better in casting an argument as to why the tea
partiers shouldn't be blamed. I suggest cutting the 'ask yourself' questions
section, and use facts instead to boost your case.

I will now try to take my own advice and be more careful with my rhetoric.

Respectfully yours,

chris