[stylist] Becoming a Lyricist/Getting my songs out there

Watson, Katherine M WatsonKM05 at uww.edu
Tue Jun 7 04:07:35 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,
     I have written lyrics for over 60 songs, and would like to submit some of them to be used in mainstream music. (Think artists like Kelly Clarkson and Evanescence.) I think Brad has had some experience with this sort of thing, but I wanted to send this to the whole list to see if any of you know anything about how to go about sending songs in. Four of my songs, "Green Scapular," "7th Song for April," "No Running Back to You," and "Inspirational to Me," can be heard at
www.myspace.com/kmorganmusic
and I'd really appreciate any feedback. Click on "My Playlist" under the "Music" heading to hear the songs--there is a "play" button for each song. Thank you for your time and assistance.
--Katie Watson