[stylist] Off-Topic Discussions

Nat Barrett hawaiianstar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 22:27:55 UTC 2011

To Donna and list,

I would like to plead for you, Donna, and the people of the list, for their
understanding of my reply on off-topic messages.

All I was trying to say was that I would like to be notified in the subject
line if something is an off-topic message. I won't speak for Paul and Neil,
but in general, people of the list are welcoem to discuss whatever they
like. All I am respectfully asking is that us who would rather just focus on
writing be aware that something is unrelated to writing.

Please also understand, I am not a person to make waves. I am not a
confrontational person. Even replying to Neil's original post... I had to
take a deep breath, because I know that some would misunderstand me. And for
Donna, I speak very seriously about this, it makes me feel very bad to see
you apologizing to me. I never wanted an apology. I was only trying to raise
my hand and agree that it would be nice to have an OT in the subject line.

I would like to continue to be on good terms with people of the list, so
again I reiterate, I am not saying I don't want to be informed of blind
issues. I am a blind person, of course I want to know what is going on in
the rest of the world with blind people. But all I was trying to point out
is that since this list is specifically called the writing stylist that it
would be helpful to know when a topic has nothing to do about writing.

This is where I apologize and respectfully, humbly ask for a pardon on any
misunderstanding and turmoil my last e-mail might have caused.

Sincerely,
Natalie