[stylist] stylist Digest, Vol 85, Issue 6

Brad Dunse' lists at braddunsemusic.com
Sat May 7 13:52:08 UTC 2011

Katie,

Sometimes I think we tend to cut off the end of the ham due to
unknown habitual traditions. OK. Yeah you are wondering now he's
really slipped the cheese off the cracker lol. If you hadnt heard the
story its paraphrased as such:

A couple women, we'll call them Amy and Jen,  were conversating over
preparation of a holiday ham dinner. Amy grabbed the ham , cut  off
about three inches of the ham then put it in the roaster without
missing a bit of her conversation. Jen noticed this  and asked  "Why
did you just cut off the  end of the ham like that?" Amy
said  because her mom always cut off the end of the ham, always, it
was like a family tradition preparational thing, made it taste better
or something she thought. Amy wasn't sure but has done this her whole
life because her mom did it. The folowing week she asked her mom
about the ham and her mom said "Oh that, I never had a roaster big
enough to fit an entire ham  so I always cut  some off the end."

sometimes I think we fall into traditions without knowing why such as
the state abbreviations. Overall though, its probably better to have
a static method rather than 10 different ways for the same thing.

Brad

On 5/6/2011  02:39 PM Watson, Katherine M said...